Tuesday, March 2, 2010

FOOD

Ok, guys, I'm back! Our internet availability has been so limited ( I know Josh posted last night, actually 2 in the morning,) but I was so exhausted after only sleeping about 2-3 hours on our plane ride from NYC to Turkey. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, just explaining. I am having a BLAST!!! Let me share some of our international cuisine with you, now:)




I had my first Greek Gyro (yee-row) at the airport. (Lamb, onions & hot sauce in a flour tortilllia) First time for lamb; very good. First new food test passed successfuly! On a sidenote, Josh had a hot dog and Pringles! No suprise there; he has always been the adventurous one, when it comes to food:)





Here is what we ate for supper on our loong flight from NYC to Turkey-Baked chicken, mashed potatoes, salad, egg plant & cheese.



Hot tea after supper, of course!



In Istanbul we ate at the "Pudding Shop." All of us had lamb in tomato sauce on a bed of bread crumbs with side of yougart!
Here it is...



Dessert got better:)

 
Baclava and caramel egg pudding (their specialty.) Yum! Yum!


One more treat to share with you...


TURKISH DELIGHT!!!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Sarah! So glad ya'll are having fun, miss you
    guys A lot. Praying for safe journeys.
    -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome time you are having, Sarah! So cool! Love and prayers, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. good job girls... the food part is all apart of the adventure... enjoy. every bite... come on Josh.. take the plunge cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah....Oh my gosh...You told me that you were going to try turkish food, and you did. I am not to sure about it, hope you enjoyed it. The pics made me feel like it was right in front of me, not sure if I would have eaten it. :)
    See ya soon..April

    ReplyDelete