Thursday, March 4, 2010

My new friend from Jerusalem

For the last part of our flight from NYC to Istanbul, Turkey I had the privilege of sitting next to Anat. After we learned each other‘s names, I asked her where she was from. She told me that she lived in Jerusalem! I was a litle surprised since we were flying to Turkey, but overjoyed to meet a native of the land we were to visit later on our trip! We had a lengthy conversation about our families, vocations & faith. I learned that she a Jewish Christian. Upon further conversation, she told me that her grandparents were survivors of the Holocaust! Anat is a very sweet girl! We exchanged email addresses and I look forward to keeping in touch with my new pen-pal from Jerusalem!

1 comment:

  1. Sarah! That is amazing! How very exciting! :) God opens doors, every where we go.

    ReplyDelete